Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Favorite Stain-Fighter!

As the mom of three active children, I'm always looking for ways to make their clothing a little bit less of a 'disposable' item- as soon as one of the boys wears a shirt, it often has stains on it that won't come out.  I've been tie-dyeing clothing with issues, but yesterday I tried a new technique, low-water immersion dyeing.  It's even less effort than tie-dyeing, and I think I may like the results even better.


Both boys seem to like the turtle-necks that they're now allowed to wear to school again, and the older one is planning to make his computer virus costume for the FLL skit from a t-shirt dyed this way.

I like the way these turned out well enough that I'm thinking about dyeing some t-shirt blanks for the Hyena Cart Black Monday stocking in a similar manner, maybe even doing some Christmas presents?  Who knows!  I love finding new ways of using things I already have!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. Looks like abstract watercolors.

    ReplyDelete