Thursday, August 6, 2009

ArtFire Guild = Great Support Group!































From my love of spinning and dyeing, and from the relative isolation (physical, not total- I don't have any real spinning buddies nearby) in which I am learning these crafts, I've discovered a wish to share them with others. I want all knitters and crocheters to experience the wonderful tactile experience of working with good quality, natural fibers, and if I can help provide this sort of sensation I'll be a very happy person indeed.

I joined a Hyena Cart Congo (Serenity Tree) and opened a studio on ArtFire this spring to enable me to share my love of brilliant, saturated color and soft, fluffy, shiny fibers with others. And on ArtFire I found a lovely group of very supportive people in the 'Shops with Less Than (10) Sales' Guild. As you can tell from the name, the Guild is for people like me who are just starting out with online sales. The members help each other out with suggestions for online promotion, help in navigating studio setup, and take turns sponsoring a monthly "Where's Waldo" contest (for more information on the contest, you can visit the Guild blog).

The 'Shops with Less Sales' Guild members also take turns promoting each others' studios. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to Rose Tree Creations. This studio features Swarovski crystal jewelry, polymer clay sculptures and pendants, and amigurumi creatures. You can see the studio's most recent listings in the RSS feed to the left, and the photo for this post is my favorite of the pendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment